Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Where did fall go?

Today it snowed............... Winter is obviously here. It had been a nice fall, lots of sun, yellow, orange and red leaves falling down from the trees. The only drawback is that it gets darker and darker and darker...... The sun is not up when I get up in the morning, it's dark when I take Leo on his morning walk. It gets gradually lighter when we're out in the morning, but then it gets dark again when I take him for his afternoon walk. It's actually quite depressing and no wonder many of us feels dog-tired this time of year! We're suffering from lack of sun! October is a month of fall, it shouldn't be winter now! It's not even Halloween yet, and winter's here. I wish it was still fall......... On the bright side, the weather forecast for the next few days are looking good! It will be warmer, so I guess the snow hasn't come to stay!


I Love Fall


I love fall! Fall is exciting.

It's apples and cider.

It's an airborne spider.

It's pumpkins in bins.

It's burrs on dog's chins.

It's wind blowing leaves.

It's chilly red knees.

It's nuts on the ground.

It's a crisp dry sound.

It's green leaves turning

And the smell of them burning.

It's clouds in the sky.

It's fall. That's why....

I love fall.


A Little Elf


A little elf

Sat in a tree

Painting leaves

To throw at me.


Leaves of yellow

And leaves of red

Came tumbling down

About my head



Fall, leaves, fall by Emily Bronte


Fall, leaves, fall; die, flowers away;

Lengthen night and shorten day;

Every leaf speaks bliss to me

Fluttering from the autumn tree.


I shall smile when wreaths of snow

Blossom where the rose should grow;

I shall sing when night's decay

Ushers in a drearier day.

No comments: